Friday, February 05, 2016

Meet the New Interns...

This winter/spring semester, I have taken on two new editorial interns. If you attend any of our upcoming events, like the Seed Exchange in Virginia this Saturday, you are bound to run into one of them. As a first assignment, I asked them to write a short introduction to our readers...

Hello Loyal readers, my name is Daisy-Nelly Nji and I am a senior multiplatform major at the University of Maryland. I am honored to be one of the two spring interns for a innovative and informative magazine such as the Washington Gardener. While this is my first internship, I‘ve written for many organizations on campus and off such as The Writer's Bloc and PublicAsian. I am confident in my skills as a writer and I am excited to present it to you readers. I have been armed with the necessary tools throughout my college career that could be beneficial to the magazine. I look forward to take part of the different gardening events that the magazine will cover. I can’t wait to make great memories with the publication while presenting my style of writing to everyone.     




My name is Seema Vithlani and I am a junior multi-platform journalism major and French minor at the University of Maryland. I am a former journalism intern for the Council on the Environment and the local news editor of Plex, a student publication focused on minority interests. I also work as a copy editor for The Diamondback, the university newspaper. I like to travel and eat Italian food, and I love most fruit (particularly berries). I have grown tomatoes, strawberries, and mint at home in the past, and I am excited to learn more about gardening as a journalism intern for the Washington Gardener magazine this spring. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Gifts for Gardeners ~ Gardening Gifts ~ Cool Gardening Gift Ideas

Today is Amazon Prime Day, so I thought I'd again share the garden products I use almost every day. These are the tried-and-true w...