Friday, November 14, 2014

Fenton Friday: Final Garden Plot Report of the Season

It is official. The polar freeze came through last night and the summer crops in my plot at the Fenton Community Garden are done. I'll be ripping them all out and putting down a layer of compost then mulching with straw. At this point I'm calling the plot "done" for the season. I still have some onions and garlic bulbs to put in and some more hardy greens I want to start from seed. I will also be continuing to harvest from my cool season crop beds that include broccoli, cauliflower, kale, Brussels sprouts, arugula, parsley, radishes, and carrots. This will be my last Fenton Friday report for 2014. Look for the weekly community garden plot updates to start back again next March. Keep checking this blog though for news on the upcoming Seed Exchanges, trips to the Philadelphia Flower Show, Garden Photo Contest, and much more!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Gifts for Gardeners ~ Gardening Gifts ~ Cool Gardening Gift Ideas

Today is Amazon Prime Day, so I thought I'd again share the garden products I use almost every day. These are the tried-and-true w...